The Social Development Programme (SDP) was first implemented in 2015 and has been extended in 2016 to include other communities and new projects.
• 5,400 families have been included within the agricultural extension system, with access to seeds;
• Increased production of cassava cuttings and sweet potato shoots for distribution to communities;
• Programme to help households reduce post-harvest losses;
• Preparation of land for planting community forests.
Quality of life
• Drilling of boreholes for water;
• Measures to reduce pressure on forests and to manage woodlands;
• New classrooms and improvements to existing classrooms;
• Setting up committees to manage natural resources.
> Success Stories